[Album Spotlight #8] derivative誰- wedding cake mix tape









To celebrate derivative誰 wedding he has created a 6 track vaporwave EP titled "wedding cake mixtape" as a present for his significant other




surprise 先生 (Desired remix) is the first track to kick off the EP, it has a classic vaporwave feel to it. Mellow drums as well as sampled saxophone pieces feel the air in the room, this track also has hints of R & B mixed in. Through the track, there's  a spoken word that says "Thank you all for joining I've been waiting for this my whole life" which left a smile on my face knowing that derivative has found someone to be with forever.

スタジオ is by far my favorite track from this EP, I'm a fan of schoolboy and this remix is stellar. The vocals have heavy reverb on them that defiantly sets the mood of the setting,  I feel like this would be played at derivative誰  bachelor party a few nights before getting married while you're hanging with your best friends having fun.

"私の星 (wfd remix)" has an 80's vibe to it, the drums are the main thing that caught my attention, they are a mixture of synthwave and downtempo. I believe the artist made this to slow dance with his wife at their wedding every sound is pleasing to the ears. I felt myself getting lost in this, it's very mesmerizing.

"私の愛" This track is different than the others on the EP, the first thing you will hear is the chopped and screwed vocals that reminded me of DJ screw.  I enjoyed the vocal sample very much, especially the lyric "I will always love you" I have to admit it's very heartwarming to know that you have found the one person that makes your life complete and derivative誰  shows that in this track

"that's my bae" is where this project starts to feel like you're actually there at derivative誰 wedding, slowed down vocals are present with glitched effects added at a fast speed. This is the perfect song to ease your mind, it's very sedating to say the very least. derivative誰 is very talented when it comes to making something that will put you into another headspace. His production shines in "that's my bae"

The last track on this EP is titled "thrudastrm (wfd remix) this one is quite dreamy, with lovely sounds of piano chords that will immediately relax you. The vocals have heavy effects on them just like all of the other songs on the whole project, the mixing is superb, and every part blends well together perfectly. I loved the choice of sounds in thrudastrm (wfd remix) I was blown away with the many textures that created instant euphoria, I have to say derivative誰 is a mastermind when it comes to manipulating sounds.


 derivative誰 has created something very special for his wife, I'm sure this was a wonderful gift for her. Congrats on them both!



Follow derivative誰



Stream more of derivative誰 music


-VDMR



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Single Saturday #6] C!erra My$t- Thin Air (Ft. Sage Hardware)

[Digiview #7] An interview with MagentaSkull

[Album Spotlight #7] VARIOUS ARTISTS- VNR2022 COMPILATION